Being a dentist can be an exciting and rewarding career. If you think you might like to become a dentist, the following tips will provide you with information about preparing for an education in dentistry.
- Find out more about dentists by volunteering in a dental office and learn some of the aspects involved in being a dentist as well as different dental procedures performed by a dentist.
- If you are still in high school, math and science are important subjects to focus on. It would also be helpful to enroll in college prep classes. Chemistry, liberal arts, biology and algebra are college prep classes that would be helpful to you.
- In college, you dont have to major in science, however, you must complete the pre-dental science requirements in the United States. Recommended college courses are biochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry, physics and general biology.
- In the United States, an undergraduate degree is recommended before dental school. The majority of students in dental school have had 4 years of college.
- Find out about different dental schools and the requirements for admission of each. Most dental schools will offer you valuable information about what you should do to prepare for a career as a dentist.