Important Notice - Product Recall
4-17-2007 Please take note that I have just found out that this product, Listerine Agent Cool Blue has been recalled by McNEIL-PPC, Inc. According to the press release, the Company determined that the preservative system is not adequate against certain microorganisms. Read the Press Release
What is it?Listerine Agent Cool Blue is a relatively new dental product designed for kids ages 6 - 12 that detects any plaque remaining on or in between the teeth to promote better brushing.
How Does it Work?By rinsing with Agent Cool Blue, the plaque that remains on the teeth after brushing will be tinted blue so that kids can see what areas they are missing while brushing. If plaque remains on or in between the teeth, cavities can occur.
10 ml of Cool Blue can be used daily before brushing. The lid provides a convenient measuring cup.
Does it Kill Germs?While Agent Cool Blue does claim to fight the germs that cause bad breath, it does not include the stronger ingredients used in Listerine mouth washes to fight the germs that cause gingivitis and reduce plaque.
Pros and ConsPros
- With the plaque tinted blue, kids can easily see where they need to brush better.
- If kids are not flossing,the blue tint shows up on plaque in between the teeth, where a toothbrush can't reach. I love this because my kids can visually see why flossing is important.
- Kids seem to develop a better oral health routine using this dental product.
- Agent Cool Blue is alcohol free and comes in two flavors: Bubble Blast and Glacier Mint.
- The blue tint does not show up as dark as I would prefer, but it still shows up well enough for the kids to see it.