The following tips can help you to prevent gum disease:
- Brush your teeth properly twice a day. Brushing your teeth thoroughly removes plaque from the surface before it hardens into calculus.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Using a toothpaste with fluoride helps to prevent decay.
- Floss your teeth daily. Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from in between your teeth that a toothbrush cant reach.
- Use a mouth rinse. An antimicrobial mouth rinse can provide extra help in controlling plaque. Listerine is a good choice and has been approved by the American Dental Association.
- Visit your dentist for regular check ups. Visiting your dentist on a regular basis is the best way to make sure that your teeth and gums stay healthy.